Your privacy is critically important to me, and I have a few fundamental principles:
- I am thoughtful about the personal information I ask you to provide and the personal information that I collect about you through the operation of my services.
- I store personal information for only as long as Ihave a reason to keep it.
- I aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what information on my website is shared publicly (or kept private), indexed by search engines, and permanently deleted.
- I aim for full transparency on how I gather, use, and share your personal information.
Who I Am and What This Policy Covers
My website only collects information about you if there is a reason to do so, for example, to provide my Services, to communicate with you after you have contacted me or to make my Services better.
This information is collected from three sources: if and when you provide information to me, automatically through operating my Services, and from outside sources.
Let’s go over the information that is collected.
Information You Provide to Us
I collect information that you provide to me directly. Here are some examples:
- Basic account information: Iask for basic information from you in order to set up your account on our website.
- Payment and contact information: If you buy something directly from my website I will collect information to process your payments, confirm your delivery address and contact you.
- Communications with me: You may also provide me with information when you respond to surveys, communicate with my team or sign up for my email newsletter. When you communicate with me via web form or email I store a copy of our communications (as permitted by applicable law).
Information I Collect Automatically
I also collect some information automatically:
Location information: I may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. I collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our website from certain geographic regions.
Information from cookies & other technologies:
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your device to help the site provide a better user experience. Pixel tags (also called web beacons) are small blocks of code placed on websites and emails.
In general, cookies are used to retain user preferences, store information for things like shopping carts, and provide anonymised tracking data to third party applications, like Google Analytics.
As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. But, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. Consult the Help section of your browser. Or, visit the About Cookies website which offers guidance on how to manage cookies for all modern browsers.
How and Why I Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
I use information about you for the purposes listed below:
- To market my Services and measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of my marketing. For example, by targeting our marketing messages to groups of our users, advertising our Services, analysing the results of my marketing campaigns, and understanding and forecasting user retention.
- To fix problems with our Services. For example, by monitoring, debugging, repairing, and preventing issues.
- To customise the user experience. For example, to personalise your experience by serving you relevant notifications and content.
- To communicate with you. For example, by emailing you to ask for your feedback, share tips for getting the most out of our products and services, or sharing offers and promotions that I think will be of interest to you. If you don’t want to hear from me, you can opt out of marketing communications at any time.
How Long I Keep Information
I generally discard information about you when it’s no longer needed for the purposes for which I collect and use it – described in the section above on How and Why I Use Information – and when I’m not legally required to keep it.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Opt out of marketing communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from me. Just follow the instructions in those communications or let me know.
- Set your browser to reject cookies: You can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using our website, with the drawback that certain features of our websites may not function properly without the aid of cookies. Please refer to the prior section above entitled “Cookies” for more information.
If you are located in countries that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (aka the “GDPR”), you may have certain rights regarding your personal information, like the right to request access to or deletion of your data.
European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are located in a country that falls under the scope of the GDPR, data protection laws give you certain rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
You also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
How to Reach Us